Mechanical Engineer CV Example without Work Experience
Use this mechanical engineer CV example without work experience when; you’re applying for a job that has been advertised, and you have no prior (paid) work experience in mechanical engineering.
The example below will demonstrate the kind of things you should include in your Mechanical Engineer CV especially when you’ve not had any paid work experience.
Use it for your internships and entry-level applications.
Good luck writing your Mechanical Engineering CV!
Mechanical Engineer CV without Work Experience
Mechanical Engineering Graduate with extensive training in meter engineering. Have attended several training sessions on modern safety codes required to work in the engineering field. Proactive, industrious and looking to continue my engineering career as an instrumentation engineer.
July 2017-Dec 2017 Metering Engineer (6 Months Training)
Port-Harcourt, Nigeria Cakasa Nigeria Company Limited
- Assisted in meter validation and prover loop calibration for Platform Petroleum Limited in Port-Harcourt.
- Participated in the installation of reboiler for Chevron, Escravos (EGP), Delta State.
- Open tank validation in Cakasa Nigeria Company Limited flow laboratory
- Serviced PD meters and proved OML 42 flow stations in Delta State
Sept.2016- Dec.2016 Industrial Training (3 Months)
Lagos, Nigeria Kent German Global Limited
- Serviced and repaired shut down and pressure safety valves.
- Conducted hydro and gas pressure testing of shut down and pressure safety valves.
- Carried out integrity tests of hoses and calibrated pressure gauges.
- Adhered to company ethics, rules and regulations.
Aug 2013- Aug 2014 Assistant Organizing Secretary
Akure, Nigeria Christian Fellowship International
- Supervised a team of six (6) people to ensure that their stipulated functions were carried out efficiently and effectively.
- Played a key role in the organization of a national summit that hosted over two thousand (2000) delegates in 2015.
- Created and presented progress and process report, pointing out inefficiencies and made recommendations for improvements.
- In-depth knowledge of computer hardware.
- Trouble shooting and repair of field instruments.
- Calibration and servicing of Positive Displacement (PD) meters and turbine flow meter.
- Calibration and servicing of PSVs (Pressure Relief Safety Valves).
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access and Power Point) tools
- Exceptional team player and collaborative in team enterprise.
- Excellent evaluation.
- Critical thinking and decision-making capabilities.
- Good leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Possesses strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Adherence to organization codes, policies and ethics.
2013-2018 Federal University of Technology Akure, Ondo State
B.Eng. Mechanical Engineering
2014-Date Society of Mechanical Engineers –Member
Jan 2019(in View) Udemy– Data Scientist
Engr. (Dr.) O. C Adebayor
Department of Mechanical Engineering,
Federal University of Technology Akure.
Tips for Writing Mechanical Engineer CV without Work Experience
- Include Internships, Volunteer experiences and/or training.
- All your past experiences should be written in past tense, while any recent work experience should be written in present tense.
- When writing achievements or duties carried out, include specifics that will help your CV stand out. Things like numbers (valuation), specific names of places, and tools will help your CV stand out.
- When writing your mechanical engineer CV without work experience, it’s important that you showcase certifications that show, you’ve been preparing for a career in Mechanical Engineering.
Key Points of a Mechanical Engineer CV without Work Experience
- Introduces you to the reader.
- Responds to the requirements of the vacancy.
- Attracts the reader’s interest and refers them to your resume
- Doesn’t include too many “I” statements, which can run the risk of disengaging the reader.
What to Include in a Good Mechanical Engineering CV
- Your name, email address and phone number at the top right side of the page.
- The name of the places you’ve interned or volunteered.
- The duration spent at the different places of education mentioned.
- List of tools, software and applications that you can use in line with Mechanical Engineering.
- A summary of your background that introduces you to the reader
- A highlight of the skills and experiences you have, that are relevant to the job.
- Referees that are in the same or similar industry.
Other Things to Mention in a Mechanical Engineer CV without Work Experience
- General skills that help you work in a team and as part of an organization.
- Personal attributes that will help you learn to work in a professional work environment.
- Schoolwork experience or volunteer work that demonstrates your strengths and attributes.
- Any sporting or community club participation (if relevant).
- Any hobbies or interests that are relevant to the job or demonstrate your professional experience.
This Mechanical Engineer CV example without work experience will help you create a strong CV that will give you an edge over your competition and secure your ideal job or internship.
Use this CV example to your advantage. If you’re looking for professional assistance, contact our CV Experts to work on your Mechanical Engineering CV TODAY!