Technical Procurement Officer at a Construction Company – Jemi Neil Consulting
Jemi Neil Consulting – Our client, a reputable Construction company, is recruiting suitably qualified candidates fill the position below:
Job Title: Technical Procurement Officer
- We are looking to engage a competent and experienced Technical Procurement Officer.
- He/she will be responsible for processing purchasing transactions for equipment, materials, capital goods, and services for the company’s plant & equipment unit without compromising quality and safety.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Process purchase requisitions from sites and office workshop
- Ensures the timely delivery of materials and equipment at the lowest possible cost
- Participates in the selection of suppliers based on capacity and other criteria
- Conducts a comparative analysis on supplier prices
- Reviews and evaluates the performance of the suppliers
- Processes the necessary retirement/clearance documents within 72hours after completion of transaction
- Locate vendors of spare parts and Equipment and interview them in order to determine products availability and terms of sales
- Carries out all necessary procurement activities
- Verifies that the required order value is within the agreed budget
- Coordinates with the Dispatch Officer when processing small orders
- Submits final invoices to the Finance and Accounts Department within 72hours after completion of transaction
- Prepare, maintain, and review purchasing files, reports and price lists.
- Submit regular reports of market survey and weekly reports on pending requests per site to Head, Supply Chain Management
- Maintain knowledge of all organizational and governmental rules affecting purchases and provide information about these rules to organization staff members and to vendors.
- Perform any other duty as directed by Head, Supply Chain Management
Required Skills and Competencies
- A Degree in Civil Engineering or any related field
- A professional certification in purchasing or supply chain management
- Good geographical knowledge
- In-depth knowledge and identification of spare parts and equipment
- Excellent written and oral Communication skills
- Attention to details
- Strong Negotiation skills
- Good Planning Skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Strong problem-solving
- Analytical/Numerate skills
- In addition to the above, Candidate must have a high level of confidence and exhibit the use of initiative
Key Performance Indicators:
- Total cost savings on items per project
- Quality of materials procured for sites and workshop must conform with required specifications
- Speed of processing requests (72hours maximum turnaround time for processing request) and providing feedback to requester.
- Ensuring that only pre-qualified and approved vendors are dealt with
- Evidence of increase in credit lines with at least two (2) vendors per year
- Ensure that price analysis of at least 3quotations from OEMs and distributors is used for all purchases except where impossible
- Submission of weekly report to Head, SCM stating the request date, order date and status for all requests. Metrics: Every Friday of the week.
- Ensure that vendors invoices are processed and handed over to finance within 72hours of receipt-zero tolerance for late processing of vendor’s invoice
- 100% compliance to ISO Procurement Processes
- Timely retirement of completed transactions to accounts within 72hours -Zero tolerance for delay.
Application Closing Date
15th August, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online