Site Engineering Officer at Cedarcrest Hospital
Cedarcrest Hospitals was founded in Abuja in January 2008 and was formerly known as Cedarcrest Orthopaedic Clinics. Within a few years, the hospital expanded its scope of practice into a full-fledged private multispecialty hospital. The core vision of the organisation is to provide world-class healthcare services to patients in Nigeria, West Africa, and globally.
With hospitals located in both Abuja and Lagos, our services accommodate over one hundred (100) beds and provide services and facilities such as emergency / trauma center, a helipad, major radiology diagnostic center, a prosthetic manufacturing plant, an oxygen manufacturing plant, modular surgical operating theatres, cardiac catheterization unit and several other facilities that make for a modern multispecialty hospital.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Site Engineering Officer at Cedarcrest Hospital
Company: Cedarcrest Hospitals
Deadline Date:6th October, 2020
Specialization: Engineering / Technical
Work Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
Job Type: Full-Time
Experience: 3-5 years
Ref No: T00005
Job Location: Victoria Island – Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Site Engineer reports primarily to the Assistant Technical Manager and secondarily to the Medical Director. The Site Engineer will be responsible for overseeing the plan design and the effective implementation and construction of the plan design for Cedarcrest Hospitals Lagos. The incumbent will offer advice in the planning, co-ordination and supervision of all technical aspect of the construction site.
- The duties of the Site Engineer includes; managing, designing, developing, creating and maintaining construction projects; conducting on-site investigations, and overseeing all building-related activities.
- Responsibilities will also include solving technical issues, supervising construction workers and analyzing data as well as assessing potential risks.
- Acts as the main technical adviser on the construction site for Cedarcrest Hospitals.
- Manage, monitor and interpret the contract design documents supplied by the architect.
- Ensure accurate setting out and leveling of the work in accordance with the drawings/specifications.
- Check plans, drawings and quantities for accuracy of calculations.
- Ensure quality control and testing of work and materials is carried out in accordance with the specification requirement.
- Oversee the selection and requisition of materials.
- Agree a price for materials and make cost-effective solutions and proposals for the intended project.
- Liaise with consultants, subcontractors, supervisors, planners, quantity surveyors and the general workforce involved in the project.
- Liaise with the local government authorities to ensure compliance with local construction regulations and by-laws.
- Carry out day-to-day management of the site, including supervising and monitoring the site labour force and the work of any subcontractors.
- Plan the work and efficiently organize the site facilities to meet the agreed deadlines.
- Oversee quality control and health and safety matter on site.
- Maintain comprehensive and accurate records of own activity related to the ongoing construction site to enable traceability.
- Resolve any unexpected technical difficulties and other problems that may arise.
- Control and monitor site waste in accordance with engineering waste minimization and management policy.
- Maintain quality and environmental control procedures while fulfilling Cedarcrest Hospitals health and safety policy.
- Responsible for preserving the maintenance culture of Cedarcrest Hospitals.
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
- B.Sc in Civil Engineering or a similar field is preferred.
- MSc is an added advantage.
- At least 3 years proven work experience in civil engineering.
- Excellent knowledge of design and visualizations software such as AutoCAD, Civil 3D or similar.
- Proficiency in site layout, grading, utility design, erosion control, regulatory approvals.
- Project management and supervision skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- License of a professional engineer.
- Ensure compliance with health and safety policies.
- Employment is contingent on passing a medical screening conducted by the hospital
- The employee will be subject to various testing including but not limited to drug and medical testing throughout the tenure of their employment
- Knowledge of workflow processes.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org using Position Title and Code as the subject of their email application.