Senior Technical Equipment Engineer at the African Development Bank Group (AfDB)
African Development Bank Group (AfDB) – Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries). The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Technical Equipment Engineer, CHGS.1
Location: Abidjan, Cote d’Ivoire
Position N°: 50000440
- The Vice-President Corporate Services and Human Resources ensures the delivery of efficient, people-centered, client-oriented, corporate services to ensure overall institutional effectiveness in all aspects of the Bank’s corporate services.
- The complex leads efforts to digitalize and transform the Bank into a knowledge-driven workforce, promote human resources policies that enhance talent, drive a performance -driven culture, and ensure the competitiveness of the Bank as the employer of choice.
- The complex will also be at the forefront of efforts at developing a new corporate culture that rewards creativity and innovation, develops talent, and attracts and retains world-class staff at the Bank.
The Hiring Department / Division:
- Within the CHVP complex, the General Services and Procurement Department formulates and implements the Bank’s general services and procurement strategies.
- The Operations and Maintenance Division (CHGS.1) of the General Services and Procurement Department (CHGS), is responsible for the procurement and management of the Bank’s real estate assets, i.e., land, buildings and their technical facilities, office furniture and equipment. It is responsible for:
- Investment planning and programming;
- Maintenance of real estate assets,
- Operation and maintenance of technical equipment and facilities;
- Fixed asset management;
- Support for the Bank’s decentralisation policy through the establishment of field offices and on-going assistance to these offices (identification, negotiation of the lease contract and fitting out spaces to Bank standards) .
- Under the supervision of the Division Manager CHGS.1 (Operations and Maintenance Division), the incumbent will be responsible for the management and monitoring of maintenance works and services relating to the technical equipment of the premises occupied by the Bank at its Headquarters and in its field offices.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Division Manager, CHGS.1 (Operations and Maintenance Division), the incumbent will undertake the following key functions:
- Plan and coordinate the implementation of projects for new construction, the improvement and rehabilitation of technical facilities and equipment on the Bank’s premises: electricity distribution, emergency power sources (generators and uninterruptible power supply (UPS), elevators, fire detection systems, HVAC, building management system (BMS) and other electrical equipment.
- Initiate and coordinate the design necessary for the implementation of above-mentioned projects.
- Participate in the planning of the Bank’s investment programmes on technical equipment and the management of capital and operating budgets for technical facilities.
- Participate in the development of internal procedures for the monitoring and supervision of maintenance works and services in order to meet the Bank’s expectations.
- Lead the preparation and drafting of technical documentation for the recruitment of consultants (individuals and firms), contractors and service providers in the areas of above-mentioned technical facilities.
- Develop and supervise the implementation of energy conservation measures at Headquarters and field offices to meet the Bank’s environmental safeguard guidelines.
- Develop standard specifications and terms of reference for the procurement of maintenance services of technical equipment in the Bank’s field offices.
- Participate in the implementation of activities related to the installation of field offices (identification of premises to be rented and their fitting out according to Bank standards).
- Participate in the activities of multi-disciplinary teams in charge of projects to equip meeting rooms with modern conference management systems.
- Manage technical teams under his/her supervision.
- Keep abreast of developments in technology and standards on technical facilities and make recommendations for submission to the Division Manager.
- Perform all administrative duties as required by the position and/or Division Manager.
- Have at least an Engineering Degree or Master’s degree in Electro-Mechanical Engineering or in a related discipline with relevant skills in the operation and maintenance of technical equipment.
- Have a minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience in the operation and maintenance of technical equipment.
- Ability to work as a member of a team with good interpersonal relations skills.
- Have good client orientation skills.
- Have strong research, analysis and rapid information processing skills.
- Ability to propose alternative solutions and establish frameworks for addressing technical maintenance issues.
- Competent in the procurement of goods, services and works.
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and oral) in English or French, preferably with a working knowledge of the other.
- Competence in the use of standard Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint); knowledge of SAP is an asset.
Application Closing Date
26th December, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Important Information / Notice
- This position is classified as international recruitment and attracts international terms and conditions of employment.
- Should you encounter technical difficulties in submitting your application, please send an email with a precise description of the issue and/or a screenshot showing the problem to: HR Direct HRDirect@AFDB.ORG (link sends e-mail)
- To apply for this position, you need to be national of one of AfDB member countries.
- Applicants who fully meet the Bank’s requirements and are considered for interview will be contacted. Only online applications submitted with a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV) and copies of the required degrees will be considered. The President, AfDB, reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level. The African Development Bank is an equal opportunities employer. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- The African Development Bank Group (AfDB) does not ask for payments of any kind from applicants throughout the recruitment process (job application, CV review, interview meeting, and final processing of applications). In addition, the Bank does not request information on applicants’ bank accounts.
The African Development Bank Group declines all responsibility for the fraudulent publications of job offers in its name or, in general, for the fraudulent use of its name in any way whatsoever.