Senior Performance Monitoring Specialist Encompass
EnCompass is a women-owned business headquartered in Rockville, Maryland. Our global and multicultural team of staff and consultants are passionate about supporting positive change in education, food security, gender equality and inclusive development, global health, and human rights.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Senior Performance Monitoring Specialist Encompass
Company: EnCompass LLC
Deadline Date: 11th October, 2020
Specialization: Analyst/ Quality Control
Work Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
Job Type: Full-Time
Experience: 5-7 years
Job Location: Abuja
- EnCompass seeks (Senior) Performance Monitoring Specialist candidates for an anticipated United States Agency for International Development (USAID) monitoring, evaluation, and learning (MEL) program in Nigeria.
- This anticipated 5-year project will provide USAID/Nigeria with a central platform for the procurement of support services that will strengthen, support, and facilitate USAID’s capacity for utilizing MEL approaches that will improve development outcomes and strengthen the capacity of USAID/Nigeria’s strategic partners.
- It is also anticipated that this project will seek to improve USAID’s ability to monitor and track the performance of their in-country portfolio, along with the Mission’s ability to collaborate, learn, and adapt (CLA) across this portfolio.
- The position will be full-time and be based in Abuja with travel throughout the country.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
- The (Senior) Performance Monitoring Specialist will oversee technical assistance focused on monitoring systems. S/he will support USAID Mission and implementing partner staff with development of project and activity-level indicators, theories of change, and MEL plans to be incorporated in to Mission performance monitoring plans (PMPs). S/he may be tasked with reviewing PMP data, including baseline data collection and performance indicator data, and ensuring data quality and utility of all data.
- The (Senior) Performance Monitoring Specialist may also assist Mission staff with data quality audits and site visits to assess data quality and activity performance. S/he will work closely with the Evaluation and Capacity Strengthening teams to support performance monitoring and program improvement.
- Masters’ degree in Statistics, International Development, Organizational Development, Social Science, or a related field preferred
- No less than five (5) years of demonstrated experience in operation and maintenance of data systems, preferably in the context of evaluating program impact.
- At least four (4) years conducting data collection, analysis, performance monitoring, or research
Experience and Skills:
- Prior experience in indicator development (including context indicators), data collection and analysis, data quality assessments, and statistical methods.
- Demonstrated ability in using monitoring data to review programming, trends, and activity needs and willingness to be flexible and adaptable to respond to new information;
- Experience finding and collecting appropriate development data from third party sources
- Experience in the creation and use of spreadsheets and databases is desirable
- Experience managing complex relationships with a variety of stakeholders
- Strong familiarity with USAID’s Evaluation Policy and CLA practices preferred
- Understanding of knowledge management as it relates to USAID programs an asset
- Ability to work with host-country governments at different levels
- Strong communication, supervision, and management skills required
- Working knowledge of and experience with USG-funded program management, policies, regulations and procedures
- Previous work experience in Nigeria required
- Familiarity with USAID/Nigeria Mission is preferred
- Superior skills in written and verbal English required
- Proficiency in local language(s) greatly preferred
- Nigerian citizens are strongly encouraged to apply