Product and Project Manager at Techie Planet Limited
Techie Planet is a top rank software development and technology consulting company that provides enterprise software solutions and services of global class quality to the satisfaction of its clients to improve their business processes, catalyse their operational throughput and help achieve their goals.
We focus on enterprise web and mobile (Android & iOS) solutions, business intelligence and analytics solutions, enterprise portals and systems integration. We work with private organizations and government bodies to deliver solutions in various industries including healthcare, real estate, financial services, manufacturing and the public sector.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Product and Project Manager
- You will be responsible for guiding the success of products and projects, directly responsible for developing and improving them. Innovation, managing releases, gathering/defining requirements, feature specification, and prioritization are at the core of your work.
- For external projects, you will lead the interface between our clients and project development and execution team, ensure projects run smoothly, prepare all necessary documents and ensure that clients are always in the loop of project progress at all times.
- Internally, you will assemble and work with software engineers, graphic designers, etc. to ensure projects and products are delivered to quality and time at best possible budgets.
- Develop feature specifications and requirements for products
- Manage selection of features for internal products and develop user stories accordingly
- Develop low fidelity mockups and application flows for UI/UX development
- Manage the process of UI/UX design development with UX designers to get the best look and feel for solutions
- Track and manage all development work with project management tools like JIRA, Trello, Slack, etc using Agile methodology
- Manage team communication and meetings as needed
- Provide vivid interpretation of requirements at all times to team members
- Evaluate work done by developers to ensure match with requirements and product goals
- Test work done by developers to ensure each unit of work is completed to necessary UX and performance standards, and that completed works match the Definition of Done (DoD).
- Manage the process of contracts signing and develop proposals for external projects
- Define and assemble human and technical resources needed to execute development of products and projects successfully
- Manage project planning, scheduling, task assignments, resource allocations, and change within scope and budget.
- Support product analysis and planning during team brainstorming sessions
- Coordinate and champion the production of user manuals/documentation for all work done by the team
- Manage the collection of client feedback at end of projects using google forms
- Provide detailed and well-rounded reports on development work at regular intervals
Skills and Requirements
- A strong technical background and experience analysing and discussing technical issues.
- Good understanding of agile methodologies especially Scrum
- Ability to quickly and thoroughly understand the functional and technical aspects of complex systems.
- Ability to elicit requirements to develop BRDs and SOWs as necessary on projects
- Must be able to create rich and detailed user stories from requirements documents
- Ability to utilize modern mockup development tools for creating good mockups and application flows for products
- Must be able to critique UI/UX work to get the best user interface and experience for target users
- Good understanding of project management and tracking boards like JIRA, Trello, etc.
- Ability to conduct effective and result oriented meetings with team members and clients
- Must be able to do good quality software testing and coordinate software testers
- Must understand managing requirements for getting an MVP quickly for faster time to market on products
- Must understand project resource planning, allocation and scope management within time and budget
- Strong team and leadership skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to inspire team members and foster seamless collaboration
- Doggedness to uphold best practices on assignments
- Ability to seamlessly handle multiple projects at once.
- Must be detail oriented
- Former software development/engineering experience is an advantage
- Must have previous experience in a similar role preferably in an IT or software development company
Application Closing Date
31st July, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: email@example.com using the Job Title as subject of the email.