Pharmacy Officer at the International Medical Corps (IMC)
- Post Date:June 8, 2020
- Views 62
Pharmacy Officer at the International Medical Corps (IMC)
International Medical Corps is a global, humanitarian, nonprofit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and relief and development programs. Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and Nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, nonpolitical, nonsectarian organization. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in under-served communities worldwide.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Pharmacy Officer
Location: Dambao, Borno
- IMC’s curative and preventive nutrition intervention has expanded to 15 OTPs in Damboa, Jere, Konduga and MMC LGAs.
- The curative component targets children, 6-59 months with SAM. Community health volunteers screen and refer children with a MUAC <11.5cm or WHZ < -3 or those with grade + or ++ or edema to OTP sites for treatment. SAM cases are treated at the OTP using RUTF, deworming and Vitamin supplementation.
- Children with severe acute malnutrition and medical complications or those <6 months are referred to stabilization centers.
- In addition, caregivers of children 6-59 months are trained on how to measure MUAC. If a caregiver identifies a child with SAM these are re-assessed by the CHV and if confirmed, the child is referred to the OTP.
- These children receive nutrition support through RUTF based on their weight, treated for infections using routine medication and screened and treated for malaria. The severely acutely malnourished who are 24-59 months are de-wormed.
- All severely acutely malnourished without edema receive routine vitamin A supplementation and zinc supplements for those that present with diarrhea, whilst those presenting with malnutrition and medical complications are to stabilization centers for specialized treatment.
- The incumbent will be responsible for the overall implementation of CMAM and IYCF in collaboration with other nutrition and SMOH staff and integration with other programs.
- S/He will facilitate good practice and ensure compliance to applicable implementation of national CMAM guidelines.
- Ensure pharmaceutical services are implemented according to internationally accepted standards and/or relevant Ministry of Health
- Provide oversight for the initial orders of drugs and medical/surgical supplies and any GIK orders
- Establish/utilize standardized data collection tools and train staff on accurate data collection in order to track distribution/tracking/consumption
- Collect and analyse consumption data to adjust project objectives/plan additional specialized responses (rational drug use, FIFO protocols, etc.)
- Work with logistics to ensure regular and adequate drug and medical supplies in order to avoid stock outs
- Work with medical team to implement standardized internal reporting
- Any other relevant duties as requested by direct supervisor
- Assist in implementing a quality drugs supply system in line with IMC standards
- Stock management in link with OTPs, Stabilization Centre(SC) Pharmacy Store
- Dispensing of drugs to patients and patients counseling
- Collection, inventory and analysis of weekly drugs consumption and requests
- Update in a timely way the stock movement (IN/OUT) from the pharmacy on stock cards
- Monitor, and record manually the daily temperature and humidity of the pharmacy warehouse
- Organize and supervise the cleaning of the pharmacy warehouse
- Weekly and Monthly reporting of Medical Store (Drugs,F100,F75,RUTF and other medical supplies) Balance
- Participate in analysis of needs, preparation of regular forecasts, calculation of replenishment orders and buffer stocks of the project
- Ensure all boxes and items are proper identified and registered in stock cards
- Support the weekly drugs requests to OTPs and SC
- Collaborate closely with the SC Doctors and Nutrition Officers in ensuring constant medical supplies to our Nutrition Programme
Code of Conduct:
- It is our shared responsibility and obligation to prevent matters involving Sexual Exploitation & Abuse, trafficking in Persons, Child Safeguarding and any suggested violation to our Code of Conduct, which may involve Conflicts of Interest, Fraud, Corruption or Harassment.
- If you see, hear or are made aware of any suggested activities then you have an obligation to report.
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse:
- Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within IMC and amongst beneficiaries served by IMC.
- Compliance & Ethics: Promotes and encourages a culture of compliance and ethics throughout International Medical Corps. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of International Medical Corps’ and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity.
Qualifications and Experience
- Pharmacist with a Degree in Pharmacy from a recognized Nigerian University.
- Over two (2) years’ experience in similar position
- NYSC Certificate or Exemption letter
- Valid and current practicing license.
- Excellent report-writing skills is an additive
- Fluent in written and spoken English and Hausa
- Commitment to and understanding of IMC’s aims, values and principles.
- Strong communication skills: oral, written and presentation skills.
- Should be a team player and culturally sensitive.
- Demonstrated proficiency in computer applications such as word processing, spreadsheets, email and utilization of the internet
- Strong leadership, team building, conflict resolution and ability to deliver IMC’s strategic objectives.
- Extremely flexible, and have the ability to cope with stressful situations
Application Closing Date
19th June, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications addressed to the “Human Resource Coordinator, International Medical Corps” via the email: email@example.com
- We are an equal opportunity organization So Borno State Based candidates are Strongly encouraged to apply for this position
- Candidates MUST state the position and location they are applying for as the subject of their email, application letter and curriculum vitae should be in a single Microsoft Word Document, otherwise applications will not be considered.
- Only Short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Position: Nigerian nationals
Don’t keep this, share with someone that needs it!