Optix Engineer at MacTay Consulting
MacTay Consulting – We are one of the first and leading management consulting firm in Nigeria, providing HR services to our clients in Africa since 1982. We focus on adding value to organisations through customized solutions that meet our clients’ needs. We have a proven track record of providing excellent services that impact our clients’ businesses.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Optix Engineer
- NOC process (incident handling process/INC/PT,) network products knowledge
- Highly experienced in Nokia DWDM
- Must have a good knowledge on fiber optic transmission.
- Must have good hands-on working experience on the following NOKIA/Alcatel Lucent Devices: 1830 PSS16, 32, 36, 63, 24-X and 1621 SLE.
- Must be able to prepare report for onward transmission to customers
- Must have good hands-on working experience on the following devices: OSN 6800 / OSN 8800 / OSN 1800, Nokia PSS Series Nodes, CTN Nodes.
- Must be able to interpret alarms on the NMS and handle same based on standard resolution process.
- Must have the basic knowledge in transmission (DWDM Principles)
- Must be able to provide technical support to L2/ L1 Back Office resource when required in the event of network faults so as to aid speedy resolution of same.
- Ability to support health check activity and analysis of risks diagnosed.
- Must be able to give remote support to Field Engineers during fault management / troubleshooting activity.
- Must have broad knowledge with regards to the use of Transmission test equipment, such as Optical Power Meter, multi-meter, SDH/PDH and Optical Spectrum analyser, Optical Light Source, etc.
- Must be able to provide support to customers, ensuring all their requests within the work scope are handled and timely too.
- Knowledge of other Product like Huawei OSN Series equipment, ZTE, Tellabs 7100 / 8600 Series / 6300 Series will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of Network Management Systems for Network Elements Management
- Should be able to guide the fiber team on how to resolve fiber-related faults
- Should be able to judge and confirm the status of optical fiber link from the NMS.
Application Closing Date
11th August, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.