Operations / Purchasing Officer at Synapse Services
Synapse Services is the largest provider of Mental Healthcare Service in West Africa. We provide patient-centred care in a calm and serene environment with a robust mixture of Local and Internationally trained professionals.
When life is more than you can bear mentally, be rest assured you will find hope, support, and treatment at Synapse Services.
We believe recovery is a journey not a destination and our multidisciplinary team is committed to supporting our clients in taking the first, usually most difficult, step and providing continuous support on the road to recovery.
With a team of compassionate and highly skilled Psychiatrists, Psychologists, Social Workers, Addiction Specialists, Occupational & Speech Therapists, and Psychiatric Nurses, we provide a range of therapeutic programs designed to suit individual needs.
Founded in Abuja in 2009, we are a rapidly expanding private service with 2 centres in Abuja and one in Lagos and Anambra.
We are about starting a New Service in Port Harcourt called The Synapse Japonica and seek suitable candidates to join the team in the field below:
Job Title: Operations / Purchasing Officer
Location: Port- Harcourt
Reports to: Admin and Customer Service Lead
The Job Holder Oversees the following:
- Facility Management: The running of the Cleaning Division, Diesel, Water, and Electricity management, Internet, Stationaries and Kitchen Purchases. Overall management of the Facility Building and its interior.
- Maintenance: Supervises Generator, Electrical, Plumbing and other related maintenance practices.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Procure diesel from cost and product effective supplier.
- Ensures the generator is filled up regularly and locked up with the measurement taken daily to confirm quantity and next purchase.
- Checks that the generator record book is completed each time diesel is purchased.
- Ensures the availability of drinking water at all times in the facility
- Purchase of electricity units regularly and monitor the consumption rate
- Ensure there’s an adequate supply of office stationaries; Collate stationary requisition for all units and purchase appropriately.
- Monitor the use of food and store items
- Monitor the use and maintenance of the Generator
- Maintains both the interior and exterior of the facility
- Ensures waste disposal bills are paid on time
- Work with Store Officer to create a re-order level for your purchases
- Invite, assess, and award/recommend supplier tenders, bids, quotations, and proposals.
- Establish and negotiate contract terms and conditions, and maintain supplier relationships
- Prepare and maintain purchasing records, reports and price lists
- Work with the admin department to determine procurement needs, quality, and delivery requirements
- Assist in the development of specifications for equipment, materials, and services to be purchased
- Any other duty assigned to the Officer by your supervisor
Qualifications and Requirements
- Minimum of HND / B.Sc in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or any related courses.
- Minimum of 2 years working experience as a purchasing officer/ operations officer
- Must be organized with attention to detail
- Able to manage and optimize workload, prioritize multiple projects, and ensure projects are completed on schedule.
- Proficient in the use of computers
Application Closing Date
21st August, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their applications and CV to: email@example.com
Note: The subject of the email should be the job title- location e.g “Operations/ Purchasing Officer- Port Harcourt” failure to abide by this would lead to automatic disqualification.