Job Title: Merchandiser
British American Tobacco is one of the world’s leading multinational companies, with brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries.
We are proud that we are consistently among the top 5 companies on the London Stock Exchange.
Our portfolio includes our world-famous Global Drive Brands – Dunhill, Kent, Lucky Strike, Pall Mall and Rothmans – along with many other leading international brands, such as Vogue, Peter Stuyvesant and State Express 555.
Alongside our traditional tobacco business, we are also developing products that offer consumers potentially less risky alternatives to regular cigarettes. Our Next Generation Products are already leading the way in the Industry of vapour and tobacco heating devices. We continue to develop a solid portfolio of consumer solutions which already include well known global brands like Vype, glo and Voke.
Contractual Legal Entity: BAT Marketing Nigeria Ltd (NG10)
Function: Marketing & Sales
Appointment Type: Permanent
Deadline: Not Specified
British American Tobacco is looking to hire wonderful colleagues to join us as Merchandisers across Nigeria.
The dynamism of this role is represented by its main tasks, like implementing brand and trade programs according to cycle plan in outlets located primarily within the rural market, ensure the effective and efficient execution of marketing activities in the defined territory and extended coverage area
Role also serves as part of a ‘Tactical Response Team’, positioned to address situations arising within the market, as well as business needs. In this regard, direction to be provided by Area Manager or Regional Manager
- Execute basic TM&D (Trade Marketing and Distribution) activities in the outlets located within the territory in order to meet company objectives as described in the cycle plan (visibility, availability, freshness, consumer contacting, volume, stock quality and RRP -Recommended Retail Price compliance of products are achieved for the territory)
- Develop and adhere to a well-defined work program and route plan as agreed with Area Manager
- Achieve volume and distribution targets through direct selling (Top-up stock) and monitoring of van sales.
- Execute rural related business development projects (e.g. Rural Stockist, Rural Storm etc.)
- Ensure attendance of all approved training programs and show visible application of acquired knowledge
- Develop and maintain an up-to-date detailed database of all customers (including phone numbers and home addresses)
- Provide data and maintain accurate records on BAT’s and competitor’s activities, sales and distribution and brand performance in order to guarantee that Area Manager is fully informed at all times
- Manage all assigned funds, materials and equipment in a secure and efficient manner in order to maximize the use of organization assets
- Engage local government officials, transport/ traffic agencies and other stakeholders to avoid disruption of BAT operations in the defined rural territory
- Improve the company’s corporate image by operating at the highest business ethics, environmental, health and safety standards
- Support Van Reps to achieve high performance by developing new routes and giving TM&D support to existing outlets.
- Gather/ provide ideas on how to develop retail Touchpoints (Retail clusters, redistribution hubs, etc.) in the rural markets
- Maximum Higher National Diploma in a Commercial or Marketing related field
- Maximum 2 years of experience
- Valid driving license
- Functional Knowledge & Skills
- Advanced & Intermediate knowledge of any local dialect in Nigeria would constitute an advantage
- Knowledge of Rural towns and road networks is desirable
- Managerial & Interpersonal Skills
- Selling Skills
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should apply Here
Don’t keep this, share with someone that need it!