We are a professional outfit that offers a wide spectrum of strategic Human Resource Services; particularly – Innovative Staffing Solutions, Potent L&D Interventions and Flexible Outsourcing to both big and small organizations across different business sectors. Driven by a team of exceptional and immensely talented consultants with rich industrial experience in understanding, addressing and resolving HR issues in a number of key market segments in both the private and public sectors; we pride ourselves not only in our unique expertise in delivering timely and result yielding HR solutions, but in our exceptional competency in tailoring our solutions to the uniqueness of our clients’ business needs at all times. We are consistently committed to bridging the gap between “an organization’s current situation and its vision” using value driven, tested and tried but not weak and tired strategic human resources management principles.
Job Title: Legal Associate
Ref. No.: BS / 005 / LA
Location: Ikoyi, Lagos
Type: Full Time
Job Title: Legal Associate.
Job Category: Experienced (Mid Level)
Summary / Objective
- The Legal Associate will be the driving force of the legal department and handle all legal company correspondences, including liaising with external counsel and will work closely with managing partners and team members.
- Liaising with the external solicitor and take ownership of the company’s legal activities.
- Drafting, reviewing, vetting and executing all legal instrument for the company.
- Giving sound legal opinion and advisory to the management and stakeholders.
- Attending company meetings that involve compliance and legal implications, including transactions, negotiations and Board meeting.
- Taking ownership of sensitive legal and compliance documents.
- Driving the company’s legal and compliance processes.
- Liaising with clients in contract drafting and reviewing and ensure successful execution.
- Liaising with external solicitors to ensure efficient and successful closure to litigation matters.
- Filing of company’s returns in accordance with the Companies and Allied Matters Act.
- Handling all police affairs where applicable for the company.
- Undertaking searches in Land Registry.
- Providing legal advice concerning the company’s matter including but not limited to business transactions, claim liability, advisability of prosecuting or defending lawsuits, or legal rights and obligations.
- Interpreting laws, rulings and regulations for the company.
- Representing the company in court or before government agencies.
- Searching for and examining public and other legal records to write opinions or establish ownership.
- Performing administrative and management functions related to the practice of law.
- Communicating with the company’s clients as may be required from time to time.
- Conducting research and analysis of legal problems.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job
- Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Minimum years of experience
Qualifications and Requirments
- Candidate is required to have a minimum of 5+ years experience.
- Candidates must have a broad knowledge of the law, time management, and sense of ownership for the job.
- Experience of standard forms of contract
- Applicants should possess or hold an LL.B Degree from a reputable university and a BL from Nigerian Law School. Possession of LLM added advantage.
- Professional member of Nigerian Bar Association.
17th June, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV (MS Word format only) to email below using “Legal Associate” as the subject of the mail.
Send your applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org