Legal Associate at BFA & Co Legal
BFA & Co Legal is currently recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Legal Associate
- We are looking for a legal associate who will assist the legal teams by preparing and prioritizing legal documents
- The ideal candidate will handle both internal and external legal affairs, perform legal research, compile legal documents and evidence, and facilitate court proceedings where necessary.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct legal research on cases and gather pertinent legal information.
- Interpret laws, rulings and regulations in legal documents.
- Compile, proofread and edit drafts of contracts, leases, licenses, policies and other legal documents.
- Monitor, study and develop written summaries of proposed and enacted legislation, regulations, court decisions, industry guidelines, trade journals and other relevant publications.
- Assist with case preparation including opening and closing arguments, and aiding in court motions or pleadings.
- Daily record keeping with electronic and physical filing of caseloads.
- Analyze and summarize documents.
- Assist with the administration and management of workflow.
- Locate and interview witnesses.
- General administrative duties i.e answering correspondence and taking telephone calls.
Requirements / Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Law
- 2 to 3 years minimum legal professional experience.
- Legal research experience.
- Experience in drafting legal and business documents.
- Analytical thinker with strong conceptual and research skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft office tools and other legal research sites.
- Ability to understand and interpret legal documents.
- Strong organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
Application Closing Date
14th August, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.