IT Network Administrator at MainOne Cable Nigeria
MainOne Cable is a leading facilitator and preferred provider of innovative telecom services and network solutions such as Connectivity and Data Center Solutions to Telecom operators, Internet Service Providers (ISPs), other businesses and Government institutions across West Africa.
MainOne Cable’s success is built on having talented and highly proficient people within their respective fields as the driving force behind our business. A job in MainOne is different from any other you have had. With joining MainOne you’ll be challenged, inspired and proud as you become a part of something big.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: IT Network Administrator
Department: Corporate Services & Development
Job Type: Permanent
The IT Network Administrator will be responsible for the following:
- Provide Level-2/3 support and troubleshooting to resolve issues
- Monitor performance and ensure system availability and reliability
- Monitor system resource utilization, trending, and capacity planning
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution.
- Configure and install various network devices and services (e.g., routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, VPN, QoS)
- Perform network maintenance and system upgrades including service packs, patches, hotfixes and security configurations
- Work within the established configuration and change management policies to ensure awareness, approval and success of changes made to the network infrastructure
- Select and implement security tools, policies, and procedures in conjunction with the company’s security team
Qualifications, Skills & Competencies
- Minimum of HND / BSc. degree in Computer Science or Electrical / Electronics Eng or in a related discipline.
- Network Documentation skills.
- Sound knowledge of TCP/IP, IPv4 and CIDR
- Hands-on experience in Enterprise wireless implementation.
- Hands-on experience in Routing protocol, OSPF/EIGRP/BGP
- Experience working with Cisco Identity Services Engine (Cisco ISE).
- Basic understanding of network services, DHCP, DNS, Proxy, NAT etc.
- Hands-on knowledge of Cisco routers/switches and Cisco/Fortigate Firewalls.
- Good understanding of Voice over IP technology and Cisco CUCM (Cisco preferred)
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge of IT security skills in Encryption, Endpoint protection, Email protection
- 5-7 years experience in designing, implementation of LAN/WAN networks, Network and Cyber Security industry experience.
- Network+ or CCNP in Routing & Switching or Security is required. MCSE certification is a plus.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory Infrastructure, Windows server operating system DNS, DHCP and Microsoft Exchange Servers
Demands of the Job:
- Technical & Professional proficiency.
- Strong coaching and team leadership skills.
- Very good problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent customer service orientation.
- Vendor relationship and negotiating skills.
- Business communication and project management skills.
- Process-driven, with strong analytical and planning skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with relevant areas of the business.
- Knowledge of and experience with: Information systems security, Unix/Linux, Windows AD, LANS/WANS; OSI Layer & Network protocols
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online