Inventory & Logistics Officer – Ascentech Services Limited
Ascentech Services Limited – Our client, a leading FMCG group, with head office in Lagos, is currently hiring an experienced and objective-driven candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: Inventory & Logistics Officer
Job type: Full-time
Job Field: Supply Chain Management – Logistics / Warehousing / Inventory / Store Management / Purchasing & Procurement.
- The Inventory & Logistics Officer is primarily responsible for management of materials (Raw materials, Finished Goods, Scraps, and other Factory Consumables), which includes receiving, stacking, safe keeping, proper record keeping and reporting; and also auditing and time and safe dispatch of healthy stock.
- S/he tracks inventory records by maintaining record of receipt as well as issuance of items that are going out of the warehouse so as to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- S/he also supervises the truck drivers, loaders, loading, and proper stacking of finished products in the truck, and escalates maintenance of trucks to his/her line manager and supervises repairs of the trucks.
- Suggest and organize the warehouse for Raw material, Finish goods and scrap and identify & allocate storage location to each stock keeping unit (SKU)
- Receive raw materials into warehouse and record same into bin card and system update before the close of the day.
- Maintain compliance to approval process and document used for receiving goods into warehouse.
- Keep proper records of inventory and report inventory position periodically.
- Issues Raw materials to Production Team using FEFO (First expiry, first out) inventory management.
- Document all transaction using the appropriate record and comply with the process
- Confirm the specification of materials received with appropriate function as may be required
- Collate the quantity of materials received and compare with parking list or LPO for reconciliation.
- Report all goods received into warehouse via appropriate channels and send copy of document to Finance as confirmation
- Ensure the materials received are properly stacked according to specification.
- Update the bin Card with quantity of items received into/Issued out of the warehouse.
- Issue raw materials and consumables to production department on receipt of duly authorized stock requisition from.
- Carry out weekly, monthly, and periodic stock taking of inventory
- Supervise offloading of raw materials
- Participate in, interpret, and execute the truck distribution planning on daily and weekly bases
- Supervise loading of products as per instruction to designated customers
- Ensure stock items are properly arranged to allow easy retrieval and access during stock taking
- Maintain economic order quantity (approved stock level) and inform Management when that level is reached
- Prepare stock of finished products from the aggregation of production slips received from production department
- Responsible for receiving, storing, and issuing of raw materials, etc.
- Ensure accurate management of stock levels.
- To maintain records of receipts as well as issuance of any items going out of the factory/warehouse to ensure accuracy and completeness
- Take account of all Tops/Bottom and sheet, identifying them with the ID/Number/batch number
- Ensure adequate identification & reporting of all obsolete stocks and consumables and suggest actions to be taken
- Partake in stock count on monthly, quarterly, and periodic bases and reconcile any variance (overage or shortage) of stock within stipulated time
- Supervise loading of truck and dispatch of same.
- Responsible for all daily trucking and management of drivers until goods dispatched arrives customer destination
- Check that truck are in good condition and escalate repairs to line manager/supervisor
- Responsible for the truck maintenance and management through the approved vendors and the in-house maintenance team.
- Prepare and send appropriate inventory and logistic reports.
Education, Experience & General Requirements
- HND / BSc in a numerate discipline. MSc/MBA and/or relevant certification in Accounting or Logistics & Transport will be an advantage.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar position, preferably in a Manufacturing environment.
Essential Traits, Skills & Competencies:
- Self-disciplined and motivated.
- Resolute and Value driven.
- Pragmatic and meticulous in processes and procedures.
- Ability to relate effectively across different levels of authority.
- Time conscious and purposeful.
- Ability to take initiative and follow instruction
- High-level proficiency in written and spoken English
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability in problem solving and negotiation.
- Good knowledge of word processing
- Proven spreadsheet skills
- Good interpersonal relations and negotiation skills.
- Ability to work with little or no supervision
- Team player and self-driven
- Pays attention to details
Application Closing Date
31st July, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the “Job title” as subject of the email.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.