House Keeping Manager at Plantinum Careers
Welcome to Platinum Careers, leaders in professional HR Services. Over the years we have supported many of the country’s top organizations to recruit, source and manage the highly-skilled talent they need to succeed in an increasingly competitive world.
House Keeping Manager at Platinum
Job Type Full Time
Experience 5 years
Job Field Hospitality / Hotel / Restaurant
Reports to: Head of Operations
Direct Reports: Housekeeping and Laundry Staff Members
Principal Accountability: To ensure effective housekeeping operations in the hospital Responsible for planning, organizing, and developing the overall operation of the housekeeping function to ensure the highest degree of quality care is maintained at all times.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide leadership and direction for all housekeeping and laundry activities for the hospital to ensure the highest level of cleanliness for both the patient rooms, consulting rooms and public areas.
- Inspect regularly and maintain constant awareness of the cleanliness, maintenance, and repair of the hospital, ensuring clean and tidy hospital environment always.
- Ensuring proper cleaning of floors and regular wash-down of critical care areas in line with set procedures.
- Create and maintain inventory of linen, cleaning supplies and equipment, and maintain appropriate liaison with vendors to ensure prompt delivery and supply of both
- Participate in recruitment, training, supervising, discipline and motivating housekeeping and laundry staff.
- Organising housekeeping and laundry staff rotas and assigning duties
- Maintain a regular cleaning program
- Take feedback from patients and manage customer grievances with housekeeping services.
- Coordinating with other departments to ensure excellent service delivery.
- Ascertain that all chemical and hospital waste is properly disposed of by following set procedures and protocols of the hospital
- Oversee the disinfection and cleaning of hospital areas, including rooms, bathrooms, lobbies and offices.
- Ensure prompt and efficient delivery of clean linen to rooms and wards
- Make recommendations to improve service and ensure more efficient operation
- Establish standards and procedures for housekeeping and laundry duties and issue supplies and equipment to workers.
- Ensuring that health and safety regulations are strictly observed, recorded and presented as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Technical Skills and Experience
- Minimum of BSc / HND in Hospitality Management or related field with 5+ years related Housekeeping managerial experience.
- Demonstrated hands-on knowledge and experience in supervision of the housekeeping function in major hospitality and/or healthcare facilities.
- Good interpersonal, communication and coordination skills to relate effectively with regulatory authorities, government officials, customers and team members.
- Experience dealing with the complexities of the hospitality/healthcare industry.
- Experienced at developing and implementing customer-focused services and programs.
Interested and qualified? Go to Platinum Careers on platinum-careers.com to apply