Sneakers Home Limited – We are involved in the real estate sector, which includes but not limited to land acquisition, surveying, home building e.t.c.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Health and Safety Officer
Locations: Kwara, Lagos and Osun
- We are looking for a responsible Health AND Safety Officer to facilitate compliance with occupational health and safety (OHS) guidelines.
- You will provide advice on measures to minimize hazards or unhealthy situations.
- You will also be on a constant lookout for violations.
- Support the development of OHS policies and programs
- Advise and instruct on various safety-related topics (noise levels, use of machinery etc.)
- Conduct risk assessment and enforce preventative measures
- Oversee installations, maintenance, disposal of substances etc.
- Stop any unsafe acts or processes that seem dangerous or unhealthy
- Record and investigate incidents to determine causes and handle worker’s compensation claims
- Prepare reports on occurrences and provide statistical information to upper management.
- Review existing policies and measures and update according to legislation
- Initiate and organize OHStraining of employees and executives
- Inspect premises and the work of personnel to identify issues or non-conformity (e.g. not using protective equipment)
- Proven experience as a safety officer
- In-depth knowledge of legislation (e.g. OSHA/EPA) and procedures
- Knowledge of potentially hazardous materials or practices
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Diligent with great attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present and explain health and safety topics
- BSc/BA in safety management, engineering or relevant field is preferred
- Certificate in occupational health and safety
- Experience in writing reports and policies for health and safety
- Familiarity with conducting data analysis and reporting statistics
- Proficient in MS Office; Working knowledge of safety management information systems is a plus
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward all Credentials to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the “Job Title ” as the subject of the email
Application Deadline 29th January, 2021.