VP serves as a community and launchpad for technology innovators solving some of the most challenging problems on the African continent. It is a carefully curated hub where tech-enthusiasts, freelancers, start-up entrepreneurs, and professionals on the go, who share common attitudes, interests, and goals, can meet, network and create. We work closely with the entrepreneurs from a solution design, investment and operational standpoint, in order to bring innovative ideas from concept to reality. We support and invest in companies that have a great impact on our key sectors and fancy those who have solutions in other domains. We spend significant time with the incubates, to offer them a reach to our vast network, along this critical period in their startup life cycle.
Job Title: Grant Writer (Intern)
Experience Level: Level A
a dedicated individual with excellent writing skills who will be focused on writing coherent, organized, and compelling proposals, gathering documentation and fulfilling the necessary requirements of various funding bodies to formally seek funding on behalf of our Foundation.
- Writing high-quality grant proposal narratives, applications, and supporting documents
- Responsible for researching, collecting data, and writing of each grant
- Work with Directorate Heads to compile financials and data
- Manage the proposal submission process to ensure timely submission of all required materials.
- Develop and maintains a proposal calendar,
- Coordinate and follow-ups on the progress of submitted proposals
- Develop an annual grants strategy
- Conduct prospect research to identify, cultivate and solicit new grants
- Perform other duties as assigned
Minimum years of experience
Skills & Requirements
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in research and grant writing;
- Nonprofit experience a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Demonstrated ability to write successful grant proposals
- Detail-oriented, organized, deadline-driven
- Clear, precise and compelling writing skills
- Able to effectively communicate
- Motivated self-starter with the ability to work independently with purpose and accuracy in a fast-paced environment
Interested Candidates Should Apply With This Link