Food Security Nutrition & Project Manager at CARE Int.
- Post Date:June 27, 2020
- Views 86
Food Security Nutrition & Project Manager at CARE Int.
CARE International is a global leader within a worldwide movement dedicated to saving lives and ending poverty. We work in over 94 countries around the world to provide over 1000 poverty-fighting development and humanitarian aid projects.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Food Security Nutrition & Livelihood Project Manager
Location: Gashua, Yobe
Position Type: Fixed Term
Supervisor: Food Security Nutrition & Livelihood Project Manager
Job Description / Responsibilities
- Familiar with the Project documentation (which should include but not limited to): the donor contract, required Donor procedure manuals, MOU with the line Ministry, the approved.
- Project proposal and budget. Review the Project files held by the Country Office and ensure that copies of the above documents are readily available.
- Review existing Project outputs and indicators so as to ensure that they are appropriate and realistic, and if required suggest changes to line management.
- Developing Project start up plans in consultation with Project staff, line management and local government partners.
- Following project initiation, developing regular (monthly) implementation plans and reports.
- Establishing and implementing Project monitoring and evaluation systems in order to provide regular information on progress towards objectives and assess the impact of the Project.
- Providing technical assistance and support to Project and counterpart staff as required.
Financial / Asset Management:
- Using established project financial management and monitoring systems that are compatible with Country Office policies and procedures.
- Authorizing all necessary Project site expenditure within CO “Limits of Authority” table and ensure that Project expenses are kept to a minimum consistent with sound administrative and financial practices.
- Ensuring that Project suppliers and locally paid staff are paid promptly and adequately through liaison with Field Office finance staff.
- Ensuring that Project expenditure is being coded correctly and consistently (that is allocated to correct budget lines) and that donor funds are used solely for the purposes for which they were granted and in accordance with relevant CARE and donor guidelines. purchased by or provided to the Project in line with standard CARE CO policies.
- Ensuring monthly Project expenditure reports, invoices are submitted to the CO finance office for the month’s expenditures and provide receipts linked to these reports as and when transport is available.
- Monitoring expenditure on a monthly basis against the approved budget. Reviewing expenditure projections to ensure that expenditure stays within budget.
- Should be aware of the CARE CO Contract Management Policy. Ensuring that contractual compliance obligations to the donor are understood and adhered to, by all relevant Project staff. In the event of any urgent and serious matters, provide immediate reports to line management whichever.
- Assisting line management to meet all donor, relevant members and CARE International reporting requirements in a timely manner.
- Ensure that any necessary changes to the project design, objectives, outputs or budget are identified and brought to the attention of line management in a timely manner.
- Ensuring the effective management, maintenance, security and legitimate usage of all project facilities, vehicles, personnel and equipment.
- Developing define and maintain updated job descriptions for all relevant Project staff, which clearly delineate the roles and responsibilities of each staff member. Working with line management and Administration Section regarding the recruitment of staff for all project positions including short-term consultants.
- Ensure that CARE’s recruitment procedures and equal opportunities policy are followed. Ensuring that all staff clearly understand their roles and responsibilities.
- On the basis of their job descriptions monitor staff performance and provide constructive feedback to staff in line with CARE CO Performance management procedures.
- Identifying the key skills required by all Project staff to effectively fulfil their designated roles and where necessary suggest or plan staff training to fulfil such needs as well as provide on the job training and coaching/mentoring.
- Assisting all Project staff to have access to training in order to develop their skills beyond the requirements of their current position.
- By submitting your Application for this position you agreed to CARE’s ZERO Tolerance to:
- Sexual Harassment, Exploitation, Abuse and Child Abuse.
Application Closing Date
4th July, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Applications and detailed CV as a single document indicating clearly in the subject line of the email the position being applied for and the location in Caps (THE JOB TITLE AND LOCATION; FSNL PROJECT MANAGER, Yobe) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Save your Application and CV with your name before attaching it.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- CARE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. CARE considers all applicants on the basis of merit without prejudice to race, sexual orientation, religion, disability, age, color, national origin, marital status, or veteran status. CARE strongly encourage qualified women to apply.
- There are individuals who may use CARE’s name and trademark in emails and on websites in an attempt to solicit fees from interested job-seekers. Please note that CARE will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.
Related Jobs (4)
Health Finance Analyst at Alumni Association (AANI) on November 25, 2020 Full Time
Manager, Medical at the National Health Insurance Scheme on November 18, 2020 Full Time