Field Service Manager
- Post Date:December 10, 2020
- Views 25
Field Service Manager
- Daystar Power Group is currently seeking a Field Service Engineering Manager to manage the operation and maintenance of the Lagos and South-West sites, resulting in a 99% uptime or better, and ensuring customer experience is world class, resulting in a Net Promoter Score of 70 or above.
- As an Engineering Manager, Field Service, you will build, lead, and inspire Daystar Power’s Field Service Engineering team. In addition, you will spearhead the implementation of best-in-class success processes, to ensure customer happiness at Daystar Power.
- The job holder should enjoy digging into analytics to guide data-driven decision making and also be comfortable engaging directly with key customers as the ‘face of Daystar Power’.
Operations and Maintenance:
- Ensure uptime of 99% across all sites.
- Remotely monitor and track each site’s performance.
- Schedule and execute site maintenance activities.
- Supervise site operation to detect and resolve issues swiftly.
- Manage spare parts and repairs as needed.
- Execute warranty claims on equipment with early failure.
- Manage site expenses to ensure profitability.
- On-boarding of new customers to ensure smooth transition into using daystar power’s products and services.
- Manage contract obligations between Daystar Power and client:
- Implement and continually optimize the use of a CRM to capture key metrics that guide Field service activities.
- Produce comprehensive Field service reports and analysis for senior management and customers.
- Research and deploy new technology onto sites to improve uptime, reduce operating costs and increase Net Promoter Score.
- Collaborate with multiple Daystar Power sub-teams (e.g., Sales, Project, Legal) to coordinate smooth customer transitions between the sub-teams and promote a seamless customer experience.
- Research new best practices in field service engineering and implement these key trends into Daystar Power’s Success initiatives.
- Provide input on the design and prioritization of new features and services based on a thorough understanding of our clients, technology, and competition.
- Manage portfolio of solar sites across Lagos and the South-West region of Nigeria
- Master’s degree in Management (MBA) or similar.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering.
- HSE certification is an advantage.
- A minimum of 5 years’ work experience in Electrical Engineering roles.
- Prior knowledge of the solar or power industry, a plus.
- Minimum of 5 years experience managing relationships with business customers, demonstrated track record of managing and nurturing B2B customer relationships, a strong plus.
- Prior experience in a management position on a Field Service team.
- Proficiency in English (oral & written).
- French is a plus.
- Self-motivated and demonstrate a sense of ownership with high level of commitment and the ability to thrive under pressure.
- Demonstrated attention to detail. Applicant materials will be assessed according to this requirement.
- Discretion in dealing with sensitive information.
- Highly organized with ability to manage multiple projects in parallel and prioritize competing demands.
- Passion for renewable energy.
- Flexible to travel domestically and internationally.
- Must demonstrate proficiency with Microsoft Office (Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint in particular).
- Skills and competency’s:
- Leadership skills: lead and deliver projects, encourage initiatives, build a sense of common purpose, and empower others.
- Communication skills: extraordinary oral and written communication skills required.
- Problem-solving/judgment: observe, think critically and to solve problems using data, analysis, interpretation, and reasoning skills.
- Teamwork: the proven dedication and ability to work successfully with others, adding value to the team.
- Information and communication: communicate appropriately and effectively with a range of people on a variety of subjects in order to inform, educate or influence them. Processes and provides data / information to meet business requirements.
- Client focus: the ability to identify, meet and sometimes exceed the needs and expectations of (external or internal) clients, resulting in (long-term) client satisfaction.
- Agility: the ability to be flexible, responsive, adaptive, and show initiative in times of change, uncertainty and business opportunity.
- Multitasking: demonstrated experience managing multiple projects simultaneously at various stages.
- The Engineer shall be capable of lifting up to 20kg; stand for an extended period of time; work in outdoor environment.
- Approximately 50% of time shall be spent in an office environment with the remaining time in the field.
- Opportunity to work in a forward-looking, innovative company, with international group of colleagues.
- Unlimited career opportunities – depending on achievements and personal development.
- A competitive salary and benefits package with long term prospect in a fast-growing company.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online