Electrical Design Engineer at Mar & Mor Engineering Ltd
Mar & Mor Engineering Services Limited is a building services company, passionate about customer satisfaction, best practices and standards compliance. We are in Business to continuously raise the bar in the delivery of Mechanical, Electrical Engineering and Plumbing services that meet the quality standards, performance and price aspirations of our customers, while reducing maintenance and support requirement to the barest minimum.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Electrical Design Engineer
Location: Ikeja Lagos
Job ID: 0001
Employment Type: Full-time
- Electrical Design Engineer in the design of the electrical system like earthling, lighting, cabling, preparation of single line diagram, communication, fire alarm etc. including system calculations and drawing preparation.
Electrical Design Engineer Job Duties:
- Plans and schedules assigned work and determines staffing needs to meet the project milestones and assumes responsibility for meeting man-hour budget and project schedules for all work assigned to the group or subordinate personnel
- Monitors work for compliance with approved design standards and to provide for efficient and quality design, reliable plant operation and economy.
- Plans, Schedules, conducts and co-ordinates with minimal supervision.
- Receives technical guidance from Group Leader, Design Supervisor or Electrical specialists only on unusual or complex problems, performs 3D modelling extraction from 3D model 2D drafting when required.
- Supervises and prepares design and drafting procedures to standardize the design effort.
- Supervises and reviews quantity take-offs.
- Reviews and defines engineering scope changes as required.
- Endorses or prepares reports for work progress for project discipline use.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of computer applications to design work and promotes maximum and efficient use of computers.
- Assists less experienced personnel in the performance of their assigned tasks.
- Performs interdisciplinary checks.
- Assists Lead Engineer in maintaining project Contract review, KPI, Change Tracking, Schedule Tracking, Productivity and dashboard reporting, Value Engineering, Lesson Learnt etc.
- Review design documents, Subcontractors/ Vendor documents for technical compliance.
- Performs technical audits as and when required.
- Prepares, reviews or monitors project controls, cost estimates, quantity take-offs and manpower requirement.
- Gives on-the-job training, promotes development of subordinates, evaluates and counsels assigned personnel.
- B.Sc, BTech / HND or M.Sc. (or its equivalent) in Electrical Engineering from a reputable and accredited higher institution of learning.
- Minimum of 5 years post NYSC experience working in same capacity and industry
- Must be a registered member of COREN & NSE.
- Candidate must have expertise in AutoCAD and Revit as an added advantage
- Candidate must have 5 years’ relevant previous experience in a similar role.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.