Consultant Psychiatrist at Synapse Service
Synapse Services is the largest provider of Private Mental Healthcare Service in West Africa.It is a member of the Intersect Consortium. The largest consortium of mental health related organisations in West Africa. We provide patient centred care in a calm and serene environment with a robust mixture of Local and Internationally trained professionals. When life is more than you can bear mentally, be rest assured you will find hope, support, and treatment at Synapse Services.
We believe recovery is a journey not a destination and our multidisciplinary team is committed to supporting our clients in taking the first, usually most difficult, step and providing continuous support on the road to recovery. With a team of compassionate and highly skilled Psychiatrists, Psychologists, Social Workers, Addiction Specialists, Occupational & Speech Therapists, and Psychiatric Nurses, we provide a range of therapeutic programs designed to suit individual needs.
Founded in Abuja in 2009, we are a rapidly expanding private service with one centre each in the following locations; Abuja, Lagos, Anambra and Port- Harcourt.
We are about opening another centre in Abuja – Synapse Azeala; and seek to appoint a suitably qualified candidate to join the team in the position below:
Job Position: Consultant Psychiatrist at Synapse Service.
Company: synapse services
Deadline Date: 16th October, 2020
Specialization: Medical/ Healthcare / Pharmaceutical
Work Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
Job Type: Full-Time
Experience: 5-7 years
Job Location: Synapse Azeala in Abuja
Employment Type: Full Time
Reporting To: Medical Director or designated Clinical Director
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Assessment, Diagnosis and treatment: Responsible for patient assessment prior to admission, in patient care, discharge planning and aftercare
- Construct an accurate summary of patient’s needs, strengths, and a comprehensive individualized risk assessment that contributes to care planning.
- Collaborate with Senior Medical Officer in taking overall clinical responsibilityfor monitoring client treatment
- Communicate effectively through regular contact with patients, relatives and any other concerned bodies
- Running family sessions in line with the patients’ treatment plan and when the need arises
- To contribute to other departments in the organization – Business development, Administration and Management.
- Provide Clinical leadership in interaction, planning and collaboration with multidisciplinary team comprising of Psychiatric Nurses, Support Workers, andClinical Psychologists in delivering a comprehensive high quality service
- Form partnerships with other hospitals
- Organize and supervise weekly clinical meetings
- Play an active role in our sister charity organization, Reconnect Health
- Development Initiative
- Take a lead role in developing mental health services
- Responsible for Consultant Overview of your patients admitted to Synapse Azeala in Abuja.
- Manage partnerships and run a scheduled clinic in our partner hospitals
- Perform any other duties as directed by the MD.
Required Qualification and Experience
- Applicant must have a Degree in Medicine and Surgery (MBBS)
- Must have a Post Graduate fellowship in Psychiatry
- Must have 4-6 years of experience in mental health service provision
- Ability to synthesize medical and psychiatric data and formulate effective and evidence based clinical recommendation
- Should have a comprehensive understanding of mental illness, signs and symptoms, side effects, psychotropic medication and contemporary treatment models.
- Applicant must be a registered member of Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria and should still own a valid practicing license
- Demonstrate ability to collaborate effectively in a team setting Application
- Good communication skills.
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Applications and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title – Location e.g “Consultant Psychiatrist – Azeala” as the subject of the mail.
Note: Failure to abide by this would lead to automatic