Commodity Trading Manager (Expatriate) at IGIT Shipping and Logistics Company
IGIT Shipping and Logistics Company offer a wide range of international shipping and logistics services to meet your international supply chain needs. Our experienced global shipping professionals are trained to guide you through the complexities of international shipping. Our strategic network of ocean shipping lines, automated cargo management systems, charter and commercial airlines, as well as a seamless relationship with government regulators, helps us deliver on time shipments worldwide.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Commodity Trading Manager (Expatriate)
Reports To: Managing Director/Chief Executive Officer.
- Establish, maintain, and grow customer relationships by engaging customers and learning about their businesses, including their marketing strategy, needs, and prospective added-value.
- Timely accurate contract entry
- Train, coach and direct team members on merchandise handling, shipment processing, merchandise presentation and visual techniques as needed.
- Presentation of marketing strategies and products to customers using working knowledge of commodity market fundamentals and trading principles.
- Managing the logistics surrounding grain origination and merchandising
- Strong communication with fellow merchants and the commercial team regarding local market conditions to build merchandising strategies and identify trading opportunities.
- Sound market knowledge and product-fit.
- Capture commodity price information and product price assessments
- Develop and expand coverage of associated commodities
- Develop, expand and maintain sources and contacts relevant to the market area of coverage
- Building and maintaining a database of customers
- Operating for growth of the company’s brand on the company’s commodity market place.
- Build and maintain in-stock rate, pricing, promotion, and management review.
- Develops and maintains analytics dashboards.
- Closely monitors competitors’ action and develop strategies to grow the company’s market share.
- Regularly evaluate the health of the markets, proffer cross-functional solution(s) to enable struggling markets to succeed.
- Set weekly, monthly and quarterly target and effectively communicate the target to relevant stakeholders.
- Recommend and justify exit from any market (if required).
- Operate in a fast-paced environment, think creatively, analytically, and effectively use data to drive commodity and other strategic decisions.
Skills and Job Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Business Management, Marketing or other related fields.
- Masters’ degree is desirable.
- Broad knowledge of finance or agriculture is essential.
- Experience in commodity merchandising, purchasing or trading.
- Verbal and written skills with the ability to present in a large group setting are desirable.
- Knowledge of merchandising practices and flexible contract pricing methods
- Analytical, problem-solving and multi-tasking abilities
- Leadership experience, preferably in managing a large network of partners
- Ability to measure impacts and benchmarks.
- Highly analytical, organized, detailed-oriented, communicative and collaborative.
- Ability to relate to the needs of the growers work with a wide variety of teams and suppliers.
- Experienced with craft, research, data collection, data analysis and financially efficient means of growing the company’s business and profits
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced with dynamic business priorities.
- Leadership experience preferably in managing a large network of partners
- Expertise in Microsoft office suites.
- Project management and financial projections skills
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and highly qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using “Commodity Trading Manager (Expatriate)’’ as the subject of the e-mail.
Note: Candidates from India are highly encouraged to apply.