Case Management Officer at the International Rescue Committee (IRC)
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Case Management Officer
Requisition ID: req10064
Location: Damaturu, Yobe
Sector: Women Protection & Empowerment
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full Time
- The IRC has been present in Nigeria since 2012 when the organization responded to flooding in Kogi state. In February 2014 the IRC moved into Adamawa State in NE Nigeria to provide humanitarian interventions through a multi-sectoral, integrated approach for conflict affected populations
- IRC Nigeria now operates a country office in Abuja and field offices in Mubi and Yola of Adamawa State, Maiduguri, Gwoza and Monguno of Borno state and Damatru of Yobe State
- Currently, IRC Nigeria implements programs; primary health care, nutrition, environmental health, Women’s Protection and Empowerment, Protection, Child Protection, Education, food security & livelihoods
Job Overview / Summary:
- Under the management of the Program manager and Snr Case Management Officer, The WPE case management Officer will coordinates with other WPE staff/sectors to ensure survivors needs are met in a timely manner using survivor centered approach and provide supportive supervision to WPE Case Workers to ensure properly and timely case documentation, services provision and follow up are provided for identified GBV survivors, with the use of GBVIMS incident recorder and be able to make analysis of trends for an informed programing, strengthen response and prevention activities and decision making
- Will ensuring that hard copies of all cases documented are kept in a safe and secured cabinet with lock and key
- As well coordinate with other GBV partners in Yobe to solidify GBV sub sector working group activities in the State.
- Provide regular supervision to case Management Assistants and make sure that staff correctly document cases in GBVIMS+ and ensure that they follow the steps involved in case management, document the action plan and work with survivor to implement plan as well as Follow-up with them to ensure developed plans are implemented accordingly.
- Participate actively in GBV sub sector working group
- Lead in case Management review meetings/conferences.
- Ensure case management steps are followed, referrals and documentation are happening in an appropriately and timely manner.
- Maintain files on all GBV documented cases and follow-ups in all operational areas.
- Regularly update documentation and maintain database for all documented cases, plan of action and follow-ups visits using the GBVIMS.
- Conduct regular meetings with caseworkers for debriefing and provide support as may be needed.
- Manage Database of documented cases: to include statistics, and all other relevant information.
- Use the GBVIMS Incident Recorder to analyze cases documented for weekly, monthly and quarterly statistics as required by program Manager / Coordinator for internal and donor reporting in a timely manner.
- Actively develop and maintain effective working relationships with case management actors in the field, including government actors, UN agencies, NGOs, and other relevant actors.
- Provide weekly/monthly reports of response activities to the Program Manager.
- Update the service mapping as well as ensure that referral pathway at the state level is solidified
- Identify and provide capacity building training for cases management team.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead mentorship and trainings to IRC and other NGOs outreach workers/volunteers to improve their skills and capacity to support and refer survivors to services and adhere to guiding principles
- Assess gaps on how the referral pathway is functioning through direct follow ups with service providers and make suggestions for improvement to the supervisor.
- Maintain positive coordination and relationships with partner and other IRC sector staff.
- Ensure supplies/resources for counseling spaces, women centers and other program activities are requested on a timely manner and are efficiently utilized.
- Adherence to the IRC code of conduct (IRC WAY) that ensures transparency, services and accountability to beneficiaries and reports any abuse of beneficiaries by other IRC staff, including sexual exploitation and abuse in accordance with the IRC reporting procedures.
- Perform any other duties as required by the supervisor from time to time
- Adherence to the IRC Security Policy.
Key Working Relationships:
- Position Reports to: WPE Senior case management officer
- Indirect/Technical Reporting: WPE Manager
- Position directly Supervises: WPE Case Management Assistant
- Key Internal Contacts: Other IRC sector’s staff,
- Key External Contacts: Community members, school teachers and other NGOs staff.
- Must have attained at least a University Degree in Social Sciences / Biological Sciences from a recognized Institution.
- Counselling, Teaching or community level engagement experience, including experience working with women and girls preferred
- Must have worked in the same or similar capacity for at least 2 years
Demonstrated Technical Skills:
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and respect for clients at all times is essential.
- Excellent listening and observation skills, including ability to create trust, support, respect and interact with survivors of all ages, background and diversity
- Demonstrated commitment to women’s empowerment and protection through current/ previous volunteer work in women’s group, girls clubs or other relevant experience is an added advantage
- Ability to facilitate trainings and sessions, including group support activities with women and girls.
- Ability to keep records and write simple and basic reports of activities would be an added advantage.
- Demonstrated Managerial/Leadership Competencies:
- Ability to work as a member of a team essential
- Positive and professional attitude, able to organize, maintain composure and prioritize work under pressure, work overtime when necessary and be able to coordinate multiple tasks and maintain attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate in English, Hausa and local dialects spoken in the location
Computer / Other Tech Requirements:
- Full professional competency in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word, Excel and PowerPoint, is an advantage.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online