Cedarcrest Hospitals was founded in Abuja in January 2008 and was formerly known as Cedarcrest Orthopaedic Clinics. Within a few years, the hospital expanded its scope of practice into a full-fledged private multispecialty hospital. The core vision of the organisation is to provide world-class healthcare services to patients in Nigeria, West Africa, and globally.
With hospitals located in both Abuja and Lagos, our services accommodate over one hundred (100) beds and provide services and facilities such as emergency / trauma center, a helipad, major radiology diagnostic center, a prosthetic manufacturing plant, an oxygen manufacturing plant, modular surgical operating theatres, cardiac catheterization unit and several other facilities that make for a modern multispecialty hospital.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Business Development Officer
Job Code: #BL00002
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- Reporting to the Business Development Manager. The Business Development Officer is responsible for assisting in the development of marketing strategies and activities within Cedarcrest Hospitals.
- The incumbent will plan and coordinate Cedarcrest Hospitals marketing activities and campaigns while providing administrative support to ensure the completion of CHL projects.
- The Business Development Officer will ensure the coordination or all marketing operations set by the hospital management.
- The duties of the Business Development Officer will include; contributing to the implementation of marketing strategies, supporting the Business Development Manager in coordinating the department’s operations, organizing and attending marketing activities, as well as assisting to increase Cedarcrest Hospitals products and service brand awareness.
- Responsible for Market Share, Revenue, Profitability, Growth, and Image of the hospital Brand.
- Contribute to the implementation of marketing strategies.
- Plan advertising and promotional campaigns for products or services on a variety of media (social, print, etc.).
- Formulate a brand plan and propose various marketing strategies in accordance to corporate policy for hospital brand.
- Responsible for all the publishing material of the hospital. For example; information booklet, leaflet, handbills, brochure, and other related materials.
- Organize and attend marketing activities or events to raise brand awareness.
- Liaise with stakeholders and vendors to promote the success of activities and enhance the company’s presence.
- Prepare content for the publication of marketing material and oversee distribution.
- Explore new geographical area new markets, for customer target for the hospital.
- Explore new product feasibility for a business plan.
- Carry out regular fieldwork to understand and develop a sound marketing plan.
- Prepares monthly detailed reports of activities carried out in the month.
- A weekly progress report should be submitted to the Business Development Manager.
- Maintains the department’s budget and ensures all marketing activities are cost-effective
- Adheres to and implements all company policies and procedures.
- Conduct market research to identify opportunities for promotion and growth.
- Research and analyses market trends, competitor offerings, demographics, and other information that affects marketing strategies.
- Uses research findings and analysis to provide direction to marketing managers regarding upcoming marketing projects, new products or services, and overall strategy.
- Identifies areas for improvement in product offerings, sales tactics, marketing strategy, and promotional activities.
- Collaborate with managers in preparing budgets and monitoring expenses.
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
- B.Sc / BA in Marketing, Business Administration, or a related field.
- Should possess 1-3 years of experience in direct marketing (sales) and brand Management. Experience in a hospital is an added advantage
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities.
- Creativity and commercial awareness.
- Understanding of Business Practices.
- Financial knowledge (eg, budgeting).
- Solid knowledge of marketing techniques and principles.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office and marketing software.
- Thorough understanding of social media and web analytics.
- Employment is contingent on passing a medical screening conducted by the hospital
- Employee will be subject to various testing including but not limited to drug and medical testing throughout the tenure of their employment
- Knowledge of workflow processes.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: email@example.com using Position Title and Code as the subject of their email application.
Note: Cedarcrest Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without undue bias
Application Deadline 6th December, 2020.