Associate, Energy Consulting at EM-ONE Energy Solutions Limited
EM-ONE is an engineering, technology and consulting firm with over 10 years of experience delivering sustainable energy solutions and smart electricity infrastructure to West Africa. We have worked closely with donors, private sector players and leading technology partners to build over 400 solar microgrids for both rural communities and commercial & industrial applications. Our work helps our clients of all sizes increase their efficiency, leverage clean technology, and develop new and innovative energy services.
Our global headquarters are situated in Toronto, Canada and our regional office is in Abuja, Nigeria. We leverage our strong local knowledge with industry best practices, innovative technologies and strategic partnerships to transform aging power models into decentralized, decarbonized and digitalized energy systems.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Associate, Energy Consulting
- EM-ONE is hiring an Associate, Energy Consulting who will contribute to EM-ONE’s impact as a member of our highly effective and cohesive mission-driven team. Together, we strive to transform Africa’s aging power models into decentralized, decarbonized, and digitalized energy systems.
- We are currently recruiting for an Associate, Energy Consulting who will play a key role in the high impact, DFID-funded United Kingdom Nigeria Infrastructure Advisory Facility (UK NIAF) programme. EM-ONE will be working closely with the programme lead and government stakeholders to support the scale-up of renewable energy projects across the country.
- The candidate will be based out of Abuja, Nigeria working with EM-ONE’s Africa-based and Canadian teams.
In this role, the incumbent will:
- Collaborate with company decision-makers to support refinement of business and project objectives, processes, and requirements
- Coordinate day to day execution of tasks across the project lifecycle
- Coordinate with research partners, communities, and stakeholders throughout the execution of the project
- Review external documents, perform data analysis, financial modelling, and interpretation
- Synthesize inputs from multiple stakeholders and subject matter experts to make recommendations
- Prepare high-quality presentations, proposals, and reports (Word, PowerPoint) for internal and external delivery
- Own stakeholder relationships that are key to successful project delivery
- Experience in consulting for international development, as evidenced by a list of projects/ role in those projects/ publications and examples of relevant previous work
- Excellent research, analytical and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills – Ability to build relationships with various government entities and subject matter experts from the inception phase to project close
- Excellent coordination and management skills
- Master’s Degree required
- 4 – 6 years of relevant management or energy consulting experience
Who You Are
- A self-starter who is passionate about creating lasting change in the power sector in emerging markets
- You seek to take on new types of work, even without prior experience / direct supervision
- You show willingness to work, travel, and do what it takes to get the job done
- You are comfortable with ambiguity and an ability to operate effectively in a changing context
- You can build strong relationships with clients and colleagues in stressful environments
Benefits and compensation
Competitive pay will be offered commensurate with qualifications and competitive benefits.
Application Closing Date
30th October, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV, Resume and Cover Letter to: email@example.com using the position as subject of email.