Electrical Engineer CV Sample
Regardless of your level of experience; submitting a poor Electrical Engineer CV, will cause employers to frown at you. Take your time, and craft a strong CV for the position you’re considering. Use this Electrical Engineer CV sample, to gain more insight on how to present yours.
Good luck with writing your CV!
Electrical Engineer CV Sample
+2340000000000 ││ email.com ││ Wumba District, Abuja, Nigeria
ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING│ OPERATIONS MANAGEMENT
Top-performing electrical engineer, with 13+ years experience; in operations management, project design, installation and maintenance of electrical machines. With a deep knowledge of; energy stations, hybrid solar generators, distribution line transformers, industrial air compressors, motor starters, valves, pneumatic systems, changeovers and isolators. Excellent relationship builder; with a progressive career growth, sustained by successful hands-on people management, implementation of effective work ethics, and continuously exceeding company-wide targets.
- AutoCAD Professional Design (2D)
- Technical Design
- Installation of Energy Stations
- Maintenance of Automated Process Plants
- MEP Operator (Mechanical, Electrical, and Plumbing Design)
- Strategic Planning and Project Design
- Performance Evaluation Procedure
- Training and Team Management
- Project Management & Regulatory Compliance
IPT Power Tech. Nigeria Limited- Field Support Engineer
Lekki, Lagos State 09.2015-09.2017
Responsibility: Part of the team of Field Support Engineers; assigned to ensure that there’s steady power supply for IPT’s telecommunication clients; and also carry out maintenance on their machines. Led a team of engineers, to maintain and manage, over 35 telecommunication sites in Ogoni, Rivers State.
- Worked with other seasoned professionals; to troubleshoot and repair, faulty ATS, AVR and other electrical parts/equipment.
- Root cause analysis of critical failure in power, transmission and radio equipment in outdoor sites; to find out the cause, and propose permanent actions/recommendations; to prevent re-occurrence of the failure.
- Prepared and planned routine Periodic Preventive Maintenance (PPM) activities; monitor execution, and update plans with actual performance; review processes and procedures, on completion.
- Oversaw the smooth running of field operations, and ensured effective management of field equipment.
- Installed and maintained hybrid solar generators, with simplified ATS, and improved back-up batteries.
Mellavin Engineering Company Ltd.- Electrical Engineer
Surulere, Lagos State 06.2014-06.2015
Responsibility: Designed, installed, maintained, managed and executed electrical projects, involving; transformers, feeders, power and lighting point, air-conditioners and energy stations.
- Designed and prepared workshop drawings for Electrical installations, using AutoCAD 2D modeling.
- Prepared As-built drawings of electrical installations, using AutoCAD 2D modeling.
- Designed and installed several high, low and extra-low voltage equipment; such as distribution line transformer, feeder, power and lighting point.
- Handled the design and installation of several energy stations, with improvised backup power plans (solar inverter and battery supply).
Dimo Paper Mill Ltd.- Electrical Technician
Lagos, Lagos State 08.2007-09.2010
Responsibility: Handled the maintenance of automated/process plant; used for, processing, recycling and paper production.
- Carried out daily routine checks, on the operation of the electrical machine, and recorded the performance.
- Maintained programmable logic control circuits, industrial air compressors, motor starters (Star delta, direct line, and autotransformers starters), valves and pneumatic systems.
- Involved in the installation and maintenance of machine controls (transducers and actuators), industrial air circuit breakers, bus bars, changeovers, and isolators.
- Ensured optimum daily performance of Casmatic tissue paper packaging/recycling machine; by carrying out routine maintenance checks on the machine, identifying any issues, and suggesting options for a solution, to the head Chief Electrical Technician.
PROFESSIONAL TRAINING AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Designed and constructed a computer-controlled micro switchboard – 2012
- Project design and execution of SPAR shopping mall located at 33 Town planning way, Ilupeju, Mushin, Lagos State.
- Project design, execution and commissioning; of numerous projects involving low rise terrace buildings and residential buildings, across Port-Harcourt, Lagos and Abuja.
- Health Safety and Environment II (HSE 2)- Millennium Training Acquisition Ltd. (Member of British Safety Council), 2012
- Human Resources and Skill Acquisition Certificate- Horebson Resources, 2012
Higher National Diploma- Electrical/Electronic Engineering
Federal Polytechnic Nekede, Imo State, 2012
Achievement: Design and construction, of a computer-controlled micro switchboard.
National Diploma- Electrical/Electronic Engineering
Federal Polytechnic Nekede, Imo State, 2007
Job Opportunities for an Electrical Engineer
Electrical Engineers can pursue a career in any of the following Industries;
- Aerospace industry
- Automotive industry
- Construction industry
- Defence industry
- Electronics industry
- Fast-moving consumer goods industry
- Marine industry
- Materials and metals industry
- Oil and gas industry
- Pharmaceuticals industry
- Power generation industry
- Rail industry
- Utilities industry
Technical Skills to Include in an Electrical Engineering CV
- Microcontrollers (8051, ARM, AVR, PIC etc.)
- Programming (C/C++/Java)
- Circuit designing
- Electrical measurements
- PCB designing
- Programmable logic controllers (PLC)
Soft Skills to Include in an Electrical Engineering CV
- Ability to work at odd hours
- Presentation skills
- Innovation and critical thinking
- Complex problem-solving skills
- Mentoring skills
- Active learning
- Willingness to travel
Hope you found this Electrical Engineer CV sample helpful? If you need professional assistance with your Electrical Engineer CV, contact our CV Experts to work on your CV TODAY!