Computer Engineer CV Example for Mid-Level Professional
Use the computer engineer CV example below, if you have a few years of working experience as a computer engineer. It has been tailored to show you how to make your computer engineering CV stand out.
You don’t have to copy this computer engineer CV example verbatim, because it only serves as a guide to show you the right information that’ll make your CV attractive to hiring managers.
Good luck writing your computer engineer CV!
Computer Engineer CV Example
Flat 10, xxxxxxxxx, Bayelsa, Nigeria·
firstname.lastname@example.org /+234 xxxxxxxxxx,
Computer Engineer with appreciable, long-term experience within and around the fields of computer engineering, mobile and satellite communications, and data management; seeking to provide top-tier services within a leading technology firm, that will ultimately promote the organization’s corporate goals, through innovation and professionalism.
- Verbal communication
- Written communication
- Interpersonal skills
- Analytical thinking
- Microsoft office suite
- Basic computer programming (MATLAB)
- STK (Satellite Tool Kit)
- Prince 2Project management methodology
- Engineering report writing skills using IEEE or Harvard referencing
- Product management
May 2014– April 2015
Data Management Officer, Office of the Special Adviser to the President on Niger Delta Affairs.
- Handled data enrollment of trained and untrained delegates.
Responsible for application of system features to prevent duplicate entries.
Created reports in multiple exportable versions such as MS Word and Excel.
June 2009 – February 2011
IT department Assistant, Prime Cool Engineering Limited, Bayelsa State
- Responsible for network troubleshooting and general computer systems management.
- Fixed bugs in existing apps, contributing to an overall 20% reduction in customer complaints
June 2005 – February 2006
Industrial Trainee (SIWES), Prime Cool Engineering Limited, Lagos State
- Handled secretarial duties such as taking meeting minutes, and compiling same into well structured reports for reference purposes.
- Responsible for placing orders for computer parts as required.
- Maintained a daily logbook of units and jobs carried out.
Technological Strategies in The Implementation of 4g Broadband Wireless Network in Nigeria (2013)
- A review of 4G network specifications as stipulated by the ITU (International Telecommunication Union), and implementing of these standards in the design of an optical fiber transmission link connecting two cities in Nigeria.
- An overview of the parameters that needed to be considered in the design of optical fiber transmission systems.
Open Innovation (2012)
- Open innovation is an increasingly important mechanism used by companies that wish to improve their innovation potential.
- Work done includes a definition of the term Open Innovation; identifying alternative mechanisms for setting up an Open Innovation platform for a company, as well as the potential advantages and disadvantages of the alternative approaches identified.
- Member, Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (June 2013 – Present).
- Member, Institution of Engineering and Technology (June 2013 – Present).
September 2012 – December 2013
M.Sc. Mobile and Satellite Communication
University Of Glamorgan (Now University Of South Wales) Wales, United KINGDOM.
September 2002 – December 2008
B.TECH. (Hons.) Computer Engineering
Rivers State University of Science and Technology, Nigeria.
September 1995 – July 2000
Senior School Certificate (NECO)
St. Saviours High School, Ijegun Ikotun, Lagos State.
Hobbies and Interests
[Insert hobbies and interests here]
[Referee 1 full name]
[Address line 1]
Who is a Computer Engineer?
Computer engineers are professionals, responsible for designing, installing, developing, implementing and testing computer based hardware and software.
Duties of a Computer Engineer
The duties and responsibilities of a computer engineer cover, but are not restricted to the following;
- Setting up new PCs.
- Upgrading hardware and software.
- Fixing faulty equipment.
- Testing systems.
- Servicing and/or installing printers, scanners, and office equipment.
- Estimating costs for new installations, and training of staff.
Career Opportunities for Computer Engineers
- Software engineer
- Software tester
- Project manager
- Application developer
- Software developer
- Computer lecturer
- Hardware engineer
- Microprocessor engineer
- Microprocessor designer
- High school teacher
- Product engineer
- Product designer
Soft Skills to Include in a Computer Engineer CV
- Attention to detail
- Teamwork & cooperation
- Training and teaching
- Time management
- Learning strategies
- Management of material resources
- Research and training skills
Technical Skills to Include in a Computer Engineer CV
- Computer and technology knowledge
- Programming languages
- Technical writing
- Software development
- Computer hardware engineering
- Data analysis
- Information systems management
- Technical writing
- Linear algebra
- Discrete mathematics
- Good testing skills
- Installation skills
- Setup and maintenance
Where can a Computer Engineer Work?
Computer engineers work in different environments such as;
- Private businesses
- IT support companies
- Government agencies
This computer engineer CV example will help you create a strong CV that will give you an edge over your competition and land you your ideal job or internship.
Use this CV sample to your advantage, if you already have some work experience; and if you’re looking for professional assistance, contact our CV Experts to work on your computer engineering CV ASAP!